Sunday 6 April 2008

A bit on Singapore-KL-Dubai-KL mac/April 2008

Just got back from a whirl wind adventure - i did KL-Singapore-KL-Dubai-Kl in less then 10 days!

Wish i had time to catch up with my friends in these high-shopping-alert places..but when you are travelling business....and on a skimpy-ouch-i-went-to-London-twice-this-year budget...you don't want to see anyone who will definitely take you to the best shopping malls ever.....


In Singapore i stayed at Hyat - which was nice & convenient. Ralaxing ....far away from my squeeky gals....did a wee bit of shopping LV at DFS was not too welcoming but LV at Hilton was haunting.....had to buy small itty bitty things lah jugak....

Got back to KL on Thursday in time to pack for my girls going off to Leadership Camp in ULU YAM. Sent them off and settled down to enjoy a few days with Aisha & MAryam.

Paid gaji to the staff..

Spent Friday night & Saturday morning throwing clothes in the washing machine & dryer...planing a few houshold chores...when WHAM! Mummy called and said - "we are going to Dubai tonight!"

Say What?

Okay....run home repack my bag (which was half unpacked from Singapore). This time a little more complicated coz have to attend the Islamic Fashion Festival Gala so must have glamour baju!!!!! (see blog for pictures...)

Climbed on the plane with the flu (got that from Singapore)...and could not hear anything for almost 5 hours......bzzzzz.......and gave Angkasawan a good lookover - yes we travelled in the same cabin...
(you need to be able to register the look of him sleeping in the plane....and standing in line for the toilet in baju kedut-kedut & rambut sepah-sepah.....should have pulled out my new camera...but me being me...). Wanted to start a conversation but as i am not actually very fanatic about him...and neither are my children..thought i would turn off PR mode for once......

Anyways...we stayed at Nuran Serviced Apartments in Dubai MArina. Gosh! I have never seen so much construction in my life!!!!! Images of Pyramids being built kept flashing in my mind......

And of course images of Intan was everywhere..should i call her..will i bump into her at The MAll of Emirates or the whatchamacallit with the posh LVs and Gucci shops.....or would she be attending the Islamic FAshion Festival GAla at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.....and me with no computer for me to poke her....WAAAAAA!!!!!!

Hmm....Intan if i appear in the Gulf Tabloid as one of those who appeared at the Gala....jangan lupa simpan tau......

Missed my kids terribly - as i left without telling them i was going to Dubai...and they returned teary eyed form camp coz Ummi was not there for them to hound with stories from the camp.....

Did my fabric rounds with Mummy in the middle of the sweltering heat walking the streets of Dubai....hmm....and it gets hotter in summer. 40 degrees now is nothing ......oh yea.....

And now..i'm back in Malaysia with my sinuses infected....loads of work to do........wonder where i will be going next.....

And Mummy left for Hong Kong with the guys on Saturday....

No comments: